Product teams can now view and evaluate their backlog based on Wizeline Score, a predictive feature score that indicates relative priority based on data in Wizeline. Our customers have already used the data behind this metric to surface millions in otherwise buried business opportunities within their feature backlog. With Wizeline Score, you and your team now have the power to automatically identify what matters most and make more intelligent product decisions faster.
Any seasoned product manager will tell you that much of their job is manual data management. In the process of finding data sources, pulling reports, crunching numbers and making findings look presentable, things often get lost in the shuffle. Wizeline Score not only enables product leaders to bypass the busywork and ship the right product faster—it ensures that no valuable features fall through the cracks.
How We Score
Our algorithm takes a variety of data points into account to calculate the Wizeline Score of each feature, including measures of pervasiveness of demand, business impact, cost to build and more.
The data set includes factors with a positive impact on score, such as request volume, relevant business opportunities from Salesforce and values populating your custom fields. Inversely, negative impact factors are also accounted for, including high-estimated cost or count of related story points from JIRA. Check out Wizeline Docs for more detail on how Wizeline Score is calculated.
We calculate the score with the most up-to-date information available every time you load the page, so even most recent developments are taken into account.
Where Data Meets Decisions
Using an automated calculation with these data points not only makes the score calculation consistent—it also prevents the introduction of bias, as is the case with more arbitrary scorecard methods.
However, to reach a final decision you need to take both objective data and subjective opinion into account. That’s why we kept Wizeline Score separate from your Survey results — to keep subjective considerations from mixing with objective measures and allow you to compare the difference between the two values. By comparing Wizeline Score and Survey values, you’ll see a few interesting scenarios.
- Where the values agree, and your decisions are validated. This is great!
- Where values mismatch, and you’ve prioritized something nobody wants. With this knowledge, you can properly communicate why the feature you chose matters.
- Where values mismatch, and you’ve deprioritized something people want. With this knowledge, you can help people understand why their preference needs to wait.
In any case, you’re empowered with the information you need to get in front of potential issues in prioritization discussions, deliver the right message to stakeholders and ship winning products with a happy team.
Here are a few best practices to ensure your team’s backlog scores top marks using Wizeline Score:
- Capture and manage requests from your stakeholders
- Update estimated costs, either manually or by using our JIRA integration
- De-duplicate your backlog frequently using our intelligent tools
- Keep revenue data current using our Salesforce integration
- If you create fields, use them! Empty fields will impact the Wizeline Score
- Validate your priorities with Surveys
Our Customer Success team can help you with more best practices and advice for all use cases.
See Your Score
Are you interested to learn where your features land? If you’re using Wizeline Portfolio today, you’ve already got access to this feature. Sign in to give it a try and see how your backlog stacks up!
Need to create an account? Get started today.